What's NEW at TCB?
Texas Community Bank’s fraud detection services offer our customers the opportunity to continuously monitor their Texas StarCard activity and instantly identify and respond to unauthorized transactions.
smsGuardian is a short message service that enables Texas StarCard cardholders to receive text alerts on every debit card transaction made. smsGuardian only requires you reply to a text alert when the transaction was not authorized.
To enroll use the link below and follow the instructions on the screens:
How smsGuardian works:
- Enrollment is free and valid for 1 year. Message and data rates may apply based on individual data plans.
- For new Texas StarCards, cardholders must wait 24 hours before enrolling.
- To complete enrollment, you MUST send the verification text as shown on the enrollment screen. You will receive a confirmation text advising you of “Guardian enrollment complete.”
- As set up by Texas Community Bank, receive text alerts on every debit card transaction.
- You can enroll up to 10 devices per card.
- The number of alerts received depends on card activity. You will not receive more than one message per transaction on each enrolled card.
- Terms and Conditions can be viewed upon enrollment or subsequent login to the Guardian website linked above.
- You may discontinue receipt of text alerts at any time by replying “STOP” to an alert.
- You can unsubscribe from this service through the Guardian website linked above.
- Some mobile service providers (for example, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, and Virgin) require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers enrolled in smsGuardian. These cardholders will receive a reminder alert message every 30 days. Sample of the alert message: “Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for …. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”
- For assistance, you may reply “HELP” to a text alert at any time, call toll free 1-888-868-8611, or access the Service Usage Guide in the Guardian website linked above.
We recommend you save the smsGuardian short code number 27576 to your phone and label it “TCB smsGuardian” so that you can easily identify the sender.
All customers with a Texas StarCard are automatically enrolled into our FICO Fraud monitoring solution that protects your accounts using state-of-the-art intelligence technology and skilled fraud experts. Unlike smsGuardian, FICO Fraud requires you respond to the alerts, whether the transaction was authorized or not.
How FICO Fraud works:
- Enrollment is free and automatic. Message and data rates may apply based on individual data plans.
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic e-mail notification, where you can respond fraud or no fraud.
- One minute after the e-mail, if you do not respond, you will receive a text alert, where you can respond fraud or no fraud.
- If there is no response, you will then receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud.
- If fraud is confirmed or if there is a failure to authenticate your identity, you will be connected to a fraud analyst.
- It is important to remember to RESPOND to one of the above mentioned contact methods. If fraud is confirmed, your Texas StarCard will be disabled immediately. If you aren’t available, your card will be blocked until we hear from you and know all is well.
- FICO Fraud will never ask for your PIN or account number.
FICO Fraud Center Information
E-mail address: FRAUDCTR0725@TX-COMMUNITYBANK.COM
Short code number: 32874
Toll free phone number: 1-800-417-4592
We recommend you save this contact information to your phone and label it “TCB FICO Fraud” so that you can easily identify the sender.
For any questions, please contact a TCB Bank Representative.
We thank you for being a Texas Community Bank customer.