Texas Community Bank’s fraud detection services offer our customers the opportunity to continuously monitor their Texas StarCard activity and instantly identify and respond to unauthorized transactions.
How smsGuardian works:
- Enrollment is free and valid for 1 year. Message and data rates may apply based on individual data plans.
- For new Texas StarCards, cardholders must wait 24 hours before enrolling.
- To complete enrollment, you MUST send the verification text as shown on the enrollment screen. You will receive a confirmation text advising you of “Guardian enrollment complete.”
- As set up by Texas Community Bank, receive text alerts on every debit card transaction.
- You can enroll up to 10 devices per card.
- The number of alerts received depends on card activity.
- Terms and Conditions can be viewed upon enrollment or subsequent login to the Guardian website linked above.
- You may discontinue receipt of text alerts at any time by replying “STOP” to an alert.
- You can unsubscribe from this service through the Guardian website linked above.
- Some mobile service providers (for example, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, and Virgin) require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers enrolled in smsGuardian. These cardholders will receive a reminder alert message every 30 days. Sample of the alert message: “Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for …. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”
- For assistance, you may reply “HELP” to a text alert at any time, call toll free 1-888-868-8611, or access the Service Usage Guide in the Guardian website linked above.
We recommend you save the smsGuardian short code number 27576 to your phone and label it “TCB smsGuardian” so that you can easily identify the sender.