Protect your wealth and start paying yourself
The freedom to live the retirement lifestyle of your choice with more time to spend with your friends and family can make your retirement years truly enjoyable. However, this is not the time to become complacent about our financial initiatives. Stay open to new ideas and opportunities to leverage your money, even if you are satisfied with your products and their performance.
Here are some ways that Texas Community Bank can help you fortify your financial position during your retirement years.
1. Conserve time, money and paper with Texas Community Bank’s convenient accounts with online banking, bill pay and ATM services
You will reduce the time it takes to pay your bills and save on the expense of printed paper checks and postage while helping the environment as well.
- Free Star Checking Account Our no-cost, no-frills consumer checking account.
- Lone Star Checking Account Our traditional account for consumer customers who prefer to receive check images with their statement
- Texas Star Savings Account Our traditional savings account
- Rising Star Checking Account An Account specifically designed for high school and college students 16 years to 25 years old. An all electronic account with no checks issued.
- Bill Pay Service Bill Pay is a secure and safe way to send your payments electronically from your checking account. Saving you time, money and late fees.
- Texas StarCard A Card to simplify your busy lifestyle
- E-Statements Save time, paper and postage with electronic statements
2. Rent a Safe Deposit Box
This is a convenient place to store important items that would be difficult or impossible to replace. Texas Community Bank’s safe deposit boxes offer privacy and greater security than keeping your valuables and important documents elsewhere. Additionally, some insurance companies charge lower insurance premiums on valuables kept in a bank’s safe deposit box instead of at home.
- Safe Deposit Boxes Please call your nearest Texas Community Bank for prices, sizes and availability
3. Catch up on your IRA or other retirement plan
After age 50, you are qualified to boost your plans with “Catch-up” contributions. Contact our TCB Investments department for more details.
- TCB Investments Great Investment opportunities
Tips for becoming a “Silver Star”
- Take advantage of senior discounts wherever you can, and don’t be shy in asking for them.
- Do not invest with someone you don’t know. There are many scams targeted at retirees. Your investment opportunities should be carefully researched and verified by reputable professionals.
- Be informed. From your investments to your insurance you’ll want to audit your current portfolio and policies and make the necessary changes to reflect your needs and preferences as a retiree.
- Create a complete and detailed listing of your financial, investment, insurance and trust products and put a copy in your safe deposit box.
For help determining the best practices and products for the sound and productive money management during your particular life stage, please contact us at 1-956-722-8333 or email us.